Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I was WRONG and I could not be HAPPIER

The day before the election I put out my prediction diary which posited an Obama Win in the Electoral College by a razor thin margin.... 272-266. I gave Florida, Virginia and Ohio (but to be fair I thought the Republicans would only win Ohio because of dirty tactics from the Secretary of State)....

In the popular vote I predicted a close election of 49.5% - 49% with 1% going to various independents. Again.... I WAS WRONG!

For the Senate... One more time... I was wrong. I underestimated the American people and their desire to stand up to the dark elements of the Republican Party. I figured if we could put people like Allen West and Michelle Bachmann into positions of power... the other loons could win. SO, I was happily surprised when I saw West and other Teahaddists went down.

It is with all of this in mind that I GLADLY say that I have absolutely no skill as a prognosticator of political situations (though that won't stop me from continuing to try and there were some things I got very right - the Jewish vote and the Colorado vote).

I am so very happy this morning that we as Americans won last night. I awoke this morning with a huge sigh of relief and with hope that our nation will get out from the cloud of fear and hate that the Right had spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment