Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome to the Progressive Zionist

Welcome to the Progressive Zionist Blogspot. What we will be doing here is presenting views from the Left and Center Left of the Zionist polity. Of course, most opinions are welcome but please make sure to be civil.

To steal from Team Shalom at Daily Kos (A group I helped found)... The Progressive Zionist represents:

A Group of people supporting a fair, pragmatic, and realistic resolution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through the two-state solution. We support Israel's continued existence as a Jewish and democratic state, with it existing alongside Palestine, a Palestinian and democratic state, as friends and neighbors. We believe this is the only way forward and the only way to achieve an enduring peace. This is the view endorsed by the overwhelming majority of the world's nations, including the Quartet, which consists of the United States, Russia, the European Union, and the United Nations."

One thing that I ask is do not post meta complaints about other sites. I really don't care what they do and it is not the job of this site to watch them or drive traffic to them. As we go forward I will start posting an FAQ but for the time being... Let's try this first.

So Welcome, Shalom and I hope that you all will enjoy the articles and the site.

19 comments:

  1. Shalom. I get to be your first commenter, I suppose. Let me just say three words, in Hebrew, if you'll permit me:

    עם ישראל חי

    Am Yisrael Chai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want to post MY shalom. :D

    But for my first post here I'll be nice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I'm still JayinPortland, according to this Google Blogger account that I still have no clue when, how, where or why I ever set up (heh), but "ProgressiveZionistinOregon" sounds like a good name, too...

    thinking...

    Nah, okay. JayinPortland still works.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can change it in your dashboard settings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks!

    Think I'll stick with this for now, though...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome aboard... Hopefully it will be a fun ride

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay no more black text on black background!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And I still want to express MY shalom. Members of Team Shalom know what I'm talking about. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Baruch Hashem. Now if something could be done about the captcha for those of us not posting anonymously...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean, Corwin. Heh.

    All you need is just a little paaaaaatience...

    ;)

    Oh, man. Now I have that friggin' Guns N Roses song stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew I'd find you troublemakers somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome drew (volleyboy here.... apparently the posting troubles for comments followed me again) D'OH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey! I found you!

    Seems pretty comfy, so far.

    Mazal tov! Kadima!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shalom, treehugger!

    I think the Kadima portion might apply better to some of us than others.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh..."kadima!" as in "forward! onward!"

    Like totally apolitical. Optimistic and energetic.

    Like. Totally. Also.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know. Just ribbing a little. Although, I can't say that I can picture you as the stereotypical valley girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome aboard treehugger. FOR SURE. OMG...

    Nah, seriously, we are happy to have you join in. You are a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I understand why this was necessary. Good luck on the venture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks oldschool26 and welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete